Once upon a time, I had this brilliant idea to start a blog.
Yeah, since I haven’t posted in two months, obviously it was the best idea I’ve ever had.
Where have I been? Christmasing, mostly.
Oh, and looking for, applying to, interviewing for, and starting a new job.
But today, I crafted.
I even made them with a puppy in my lap and another one whining at me because he also wanted in my lap while drinking coffee and working on this other website I’m building. THAT’S how easy these drink stirrers are to make.
If you are anything like me, you find yourself in constant need of drink stirrers, but can never find any that aren’t ugly.* Most everyone has some tissue paper, washi tape, and an Amazon Prime account, which is all your need to make these fringe drink stirrers.
Supplies for Fringe Drink Stirrers
- Tissue Paper
- Washi Tape
- Drink Stirrers that are only slightly ugly
How to Make Fringe Drink Stirrers
- Cut strips of tissue paper about 1.5 inches wide and 7 inches tall.
- Cut fringe along the long side of the tissue paper.
- Place your drink stirrer at one end of the back side of the tissue and secure with a small piece of tape.
- Wrap washi tape around the bottom of the tissue to hold in place.
- Put in a drink.
*This is not true. Not the ugly part, that IS true, but I just use a spoon or a fork. Sometimes a butter knife if all the spoons and forks are dirty. I’m obviously not the target audience for this project.